Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vacation - Daegu and Busan

I took my vacation from August 6 - 17. I mostly just sat around at home, but I also went to Daegu and Busan for a couple days. I was planning to go Monday Aug. 9th, but decided to leave Sunday night since I had nothing better to do. Since I planned to stay at motels I didn't need to worry about hotel reservations. I got to Daegu station around 1:30am.



Monday I walked around Daegu a bit. I found this jewelry area near the station, but it seemed to be mostly just retail stores:



Later I met an old friend from GIA. She had just returned home to Daegu a couple weeks ago after studying Japanese in Tokyo the past year. She is the same person I met when I was in Tokyo last year:



Around midnight I went to Busan. I don't know anyone in Busan and there wasn't anything in particular I wanted to do, so I spent most of Tuesday just hanging out at Haeundae beach, which is where I spent most of my time last year in Busan.







The next day it rained most of the day. I rode the subway around with no destination in mind, which I like to do, something no one else seems to understand. And I went to Shinsegae department store in Centum City, which is the largest department store in the world, though it didn't hold my interest very long.

After that it had stopped raining and I went back to Haeundae beach. I had planned to stay another night in Busan, but it was supposed to rain the next day too, so I decided to go home that evening. I think I will probably go back there again either this month or next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment