Thursday, March 16, 2017

1 year

On March 6th it was 1 year since I left Korea.  It doesn't feel like a year because I was traveling for most of 2016 after I left and visited Korea twice during that time.  But it really has been a year since my life there ended.  I can't believe it.  Sometimes I miss my life there so much, but I know even if I went back it wouldn't be the same.  It's not my whole life there that I miss, it's more like I miss my first 2 years there... when everything was new and exciting.  At some point, during my 3rd year I think, it just started to become my normal life.  By my last year there my life was pretty boring.  I still liked living there, but it wasn't exciting like it used to be.  I didn't feel I was gaining much more by staying there, and I was getting sick of only being able to plan my life 1 year at a time since my visa and job contract had to be renewed each year.

I miss it, but I always knew it would end.  One of the really hard things to deal with now is that I cannot travel as easily as I could when I was there.  Being a teacher I was always able to travel during winter and summer breaks.  And all of Asia was very cheap and easy to get to.

I'm saving money now for a trip sometime in the future, to Korean and Japan, but I really don't know when it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment