Monday, March 24, 2014

immigration

Friday March 14th I went to the Suwon Immigration Office to renew my visa.  Different areas are served by different offices, so we don't have a choice about which office we go to.  Because I live in Yongin now I had to go to the Suwon office.  I went here once before in 2012 when I lived in Pyeongtaek.  It was a terrible experience.  I was there literally the whole working day.  In 2010 and 2013 I went to different immigration offices and it wasn't bad at all.  I was hoping this year would be ok, but it was just as bad as 2012.  I got there around 11:30, and my ticket number was 490, with 371 people ahead of me.  I wanted to go there right away in the morning, but I was told I must come to school first so I can be marked as "leaving early" rather than taking a whole day off.  The whole thing took more than 7 hours.  This time wasn't as bad as last time cause I spent a lot of time at McDonalds and a cafe.  I found out too late, that you are able to make appointments online.  I'll do that next year if I'm still here.







No comments:

Post a Comment