Wednesday, April 20, 2011

PC bang

My internet was turned off the other day, so lately I have been going to an internet cafe, or PC bang (bang means room in Korean). They are everywhere in Korea. Theres so many of them I don't know how they all stay in business. They only charge around $1 an hour. These places are mostly for playing computer games, so I guess people come here for hours and hours to play games. One person I know that used to play games a lot said she once played for about 50 hours straight. When I would ask my students about what they do in their free time one of the most common answers, from both boys and girls, is "play computer games".


I've only been to a few PC bangs. They are ok, except they stink from all the people smoking, and its always too dark.




No comments:

Post a Comment